Tuesday 10 December 2013

It's All Around Us

Hey Blogging World

We do these things in English called soap boxes. Basically someone stands up in front of the class and talks about what irritates them. Then the rest of the class discuss it and everyone looks for a possible solution. The reality is that the person up the front is talking for a minute when another person buts in with their opinion, beginning a huge word war.

The thing that really frustrates me is all the people that begin to justify reasons for things happening by saying "It's all around us"  or  " It's what we're exposed to, we can't help it." In which I think to myself, what a load of crud.

The truth is, why can't we NOT expose ourselves to these things? People complain about body image and it's the fact that media is all around us and media distorts bodies and influences body image, but what if we didn't listen to media? I know that most of the photos in magazines or on websites are photoshopped. I know that I am never going to look like that famous person or have the same figure as that person but I also know that I am not an ugly person. I would never say I'm drop dead gorgeous, (but if you'd like to say that you're more than welcome) but I'm definitely not ugly and I'm happy with the way I am. Yes, media is a big thing and we are often involved with it one way or another but it does not need to rules our lives.

La Vie Vivante

(I found this post as a draft written a while ago, liked the size of it, so I left it as is. There may be an extension later on. Enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment