Thursday 11 July 2013

Time for Vociferation

Hey Blogging World

I thought I would say "Time for a Rant" but then I realised, I don't really like the word rant. It just seems so pessimistic and I am not one of those people. So I chose the word vociferation instead as it sounds, well it just sounds nicer. I haven't really just rambled on in a while (or I don't think I have at least?) therefore I thought I would have a little chat with myself. *smiles to self as I am listening to an incredible song*


'Adventure Time' by BriBry. If you haven't already guessed I kind of love what he does, his music and his charity and just everything he stands for. But back to my vociferation.

I was writing just above about pessimism and I want to expand on it in contrary to optimism. I really can't stand those "Oh the glass is half empty" kind of people, I'm sure I have friends who are like that but still, it just frustrates me. I do realize I am probably like that at times but I try not to be as much as possible, because there is no time to be pessimistic when you can be optimistic. To be optimistic is to be hopeful and confident about the future. To be honest, I am not confident about the future, I have no idea what it has in store for me. But I can be hopeful about it and I can refrain from thinking about the worst to come in the future and the worst that has happened in the past and just live in the moment.




I had a friend today that I was chatting to and I get a message from her saying, I give up on everything. The first thing I think of:

EVERYTHING = LIFE
GIVE UP ON EVERYTHING = NO LIFE

So of course I start to over react and call her up and tell her she has to suck it up and she can not say she gives up on everything because life is everything and that means no life and I just went rambling on, a little like I am doing at the moment. The thing is, did I overreact? Or was I in my right mind to be concerned about my friend after she said that? I believe that if someone says something the least bit out of the ordinary (and this was pretty out of the ordinary for her) then yes, you should talk to them about it, or tell them to talk to someone else about it who can help them. Now I'm not here saying my friend is depressed because this has only just happened and she is feeling better now, just a little bored with life as I was a while ago. (Remember my bridge post?) But you shouldn't just leave something left unsaid, if there is something that someone has said that you don't feel comfortable about then talk to them about it. But I guess I am now starting to sound a bit like a councillor.

Councillors tick me off at times. But I think they are misportrayed in the movies as those councillors that sit there and do nothing or pull the stereotypical "And how does that make you feel?" or "hmm" lines. I don't think I have ever been to a councillor or maybe I have and I just don't remember so I can't really judge them. I mean you gotta hand it to them, helping people turn their lives around and some of the things that they would have to hear would be pretty rough. I guess I just don't really like people telling me what to do with my life, even though I do listen to my parents and I am a good daughter, but I don't think I would really like a stranger to tell me what to do with my life. If anybody reading is a councillor or knows a councillor, I am in no way trying to be offensive and I think the work they do is spectacular, I just personally would never get into that profession.

I was also talking to another friend tonight (Yeah I know, big shocker, I've got more than one friend) and we were talking about a dramatic change that would make our lives more interesting. I decided that I would drop out of school to become a professional ice-cream flavour taster person. This would be an amazing job, on one condition, the flavours would have to be nice. And there would be a high chance that I would not like all the flavours they gave me and quite a few would be vial. So I have decided I want to be the person who confirms the flavours that the ice-cream flavour tester people have picked as delicious are actually delicious. If that even makes sense.


I would test rainbow flavoured ice-cream any day.

So from pessimism to optimism to life to overreacting to councillors to professions and then to ice-creams. I really have something with ending my posts about food. And I don't even think I have done a post about food yet! Thank you if you still reading at this point as I do ramble on and I have decided to live on the wild side and not check over my work (rebel I know) so if there are spelling mistakes or grammatical errors feel free to correct me in the comments below, or if there is a topic you would like me to vociferate on then you know what to do. Until next time, happy vociferating. *Smiles at screen in an awkward manner*

La Vie Vivante.

No comments:

Post a Comment