Tuesday 9 July 2013

The People You Know

Hey Blogging World

I was amazed to watch the other night and see that within ten minutes of posting I had 25 people looking at my blog. Many of these were most likely all the people I had messaged but there were also people from Russia and the U.S. I know it doesn't seem like that many people, but sitting there I felt like I was actually making a difference in some small way, instead of my usual random words.

In many ways though, life is about the people you know. Going back to my job hunting, (which has yet to commence still) my parents are always telling me, "Just one call made and you could have a job." They are talking about a family friend who is able to get me a job, and all I have to do is make the phone call. The thing is, I don't want to just jump the queue. It's not fair in my eyes. In reply to that my dad just says, "Life's not fair. It's about who you know, not what you know."

What a saying. It's about who you know, not what you know. We are living in a world where you get ahead by knowing particular people. It doesn't matter how smart you are, what talent you have, if you don't know the right person then you may as well just throw brains, talent etc down the drain.

So I google imaged the saying, as I do with everything I write about.
I found this:



I like this saying a lot better.

La Vie Vivante.


No comments:

Post a Comment