Saturday 27 July 2013

Where Have I Been?

Hey Blogging World

I just realized as I posted that it has been over a week since I posted anything, considering my two most recent posts were 'Wordy Wednesday' posts. So maybe I should catch you up to speed of the very interesting and wonderful life of moi.

To be honest, nothing much exciting has happened. School seems to take up majority of my life which is fantastic. (Sarcasm) But I should probably start there.

We have been given an assessment task in French to find a french recipe and record ourselves making it while talking through what we are doing, in french. I know, so much effort. But it has been pretty fun as there are some damn delicious french foods out there. Whether they are easy to make or not is another thing. I finally landed on Croque Monsieur and Croque Madame as my recipe.

Croque Monsieur
Yes, that's right. It's a toasted sandwich. Croque Madame is basically the same, except you add an egg on top as well as the cheese sauce. I have yet to make it but I do believe it will turn out scrumptious. Even though I won't actually eat it because of the ham inside. (If you think I'm crazy for that, read my pig post)
I will be sure to post the end product for you.

In psychology we have started learning about attitudes, prejudice, discrimination, racism, stereotyping etc. It's really interesting and I never knew that it was covered in psychology. It was a mighty good thing though as we were able to watch Remember the Titans. An amazing film that I had seen before, but of course was more than happy to watch again. It is the story of a football team that mixes black and white people together, with a few setbacks along the way. Based on a true story it is a truly touching film that provided some great examples of what we had been studying. Unfortunately we were not able to sit back and just enjoy the movie as we have to write up an assessment task on it soon. Woo.

Must See Movie.
 I'm not sure if anything else half exciting has happened recently. I'm going to go see Muse with dad! And if you don't know who they are then just listen to all their songs immediately and love them because they are amazing! Oh and talking about music, I have also recently discovered a band that I quickly fell in love with then found out that about half the population already knew who they were. Boy did I feel left out of the loop.
Mayday Parade. Song that I fell in love with first was Stay. And I have that discovery of the amazing band thanks to SongPop. Yes I found out this band by purchasing the pop punk playlist on SongPop and guessing their song right.

La Vie Vivante.

No comments:

Post a Comment