Tuesday 2 July 2013

Sprechgesang - What A Word

Hey Blogging World

Happy Wordy Wednesday! *GRINNING*

Now may I begin  by saying I am extremely happy it's the holidays as I have been sleeping in, staying up late, going to the movies (You must see Despicable Me 2, but Kevin the Minion is mine) and just hanging out with friends. But I have not forgotten about you and even though today I am going to see Legally Blonde (again) which I am extremely excited about, partly because I bought the soundtrack after the first time seeing it and now know all the lyrics, but after the show... drumroll please ... Abby is meeting us and she is coming to stay with me for a few days! So you never know you may get a post from not only me but from the fabulous Abby as well. So even though I have this massive day on, I have gotten up extra early (8am) to fill you in on Wordy Wednesday with our coolest word yet.



Wow. Now that is a word.

Sprechgesang originates from the German words Sprech, which means to speak, and gesang which means song.

Now I was trying to find examples in which I knew of sprechgesang being used but, well I don't know any. I did google though and found: http://www.last.fm/tag/sprechgesang

It is basically a radio station for sprechgesang with top artists such as Fettes BrotBlumentopf and Kinderzimmer Productions.

I haven't actually listened to them yet but I will asap and get back to you with my viewpoints.

So here's the awkward part. I just realized that Dictionary.com have not changed the word of the day yet and sprechgesang is still the word from yesterday...

Meh. If I get time I will do another post with the RIGHT word for today, because we really can't be having Wordy Tuesday now. 

I wish you all a wonderful day and if you're feeling bored, maybe try and sing some sprechgesang.

La Vie Vivante. 

No comments:

Post a Comment