Thursday 4 February 2016

Take Your Pic Tuesday on Thursday

Hey Blogging World,

I promised you I would catch up, so I am. I also promised you a splendid 101st post so here goes nothing, I've got Montaigne in my ears and I'm on a mission.


I went to Falls Festival for the first time this year and it confirmed all my dreams - I want to live in a music festival forever. The three days were an escape from reality, filled with so many beautiful moments, too many to write. There would be times I'd be dancing and singing with complete strangers and think to myself, this is life. This is what living is. You'd think I was exaggerating here but I'm not. I'd be in bed around 3am, well 5:30am one morning and up by 8am. No voice, headaches, cough and runny nose, blistering heat. But nothing, no nothing, could ruin the best last three days of 2015 for me.

This photo was taken during the Wombats set. The Wombats is one of those bands who I don't necessarily know every word to every song but they've been on the music bucket list of bands to go and see and they did not disappoint. It was probably one of the highlights of the whole festival that set, being so close and surrounded by thousands of adoring fans screaming the lyrics and dancing around. I even made my mate lift me on their shoulders and oh my gosh that was incredible, it was pure living my friends. Ugh there are literally no more words to describe the feeling, just living in happiness and wonder and delight.

I've said it time and time again but music takes you to another place, it makes you forget about everything going on in the world and fills with you joy. And that's what I had for three days, pure joy in my heart. I made an abundance of new friends, half of which I don't remember their names because I met too many. I would recommend the festival to everyone who is all about the atmosphere and the music. Drive along, take some good pals and listen to some sweet tunes because that is what this festival is. It's even more though, an experience and immersion of art and festival culture, and a bloody good way to finish off the year. It makes you forget about every worry you had throughout the year, there's no time for reflection because you're living in the moment. The most amazing moment.

La Vie Vivante.

No comments:

Post a Comment