Friday 4 October 2013

Mixed Emotions

Hey Blogging World

A Conversation with a Friend.

Me: Hey
Friend: Who's this?
Me: Annalise? Is this not (friend's name)?
Friend: No?
Me: May I ask whom it is then?
Friend: This is pizzeria. I don't know how you got this number, but if you don't want to order, please leave.
Me: Where is this pizzeria located?
Friend: Originally Long Beach California. Our Australian stores are rebranded as a different pizzeria in Sydney.
Me: Do you do home deliveries?
Friend: Yes but only within a 20km radius of our store.
Me: Oh So I guess (my address here) doesn't fit in that radius then?
Friend: I'm trying to run a business here sh!t face, you obviously aren't ordering, I'm stopping this now.
Me: Okay well one last thing, this person I knew had this number, do you have any idea how it changed?
Friend: We only just got this line number, possible we have their old one.
Me: Oh okay, look I'm sorry for hassling you, thought this was their number and thought we were friends so kinda wanted to have a normal conversation with them for once, guess that won't be happening. Sorry again and good luck with your business...
Friend: This was fun. How are you?

The conversation was slightly tweaked in order to keep identities safe and pizza places that may or may not be real in business.

The thing is, I'm tired. Very emotional at the moment and just not sure how to feel. Should I be mad with them? I mean, I kind of knew it wasn't real the whole time, pizza places don't usually text their customers or call them names, so they blew it.

Or should I laugh at it? It wasn't that funny though. A lot more jokes could have been placed in there or something like a photo of a dancing llama to just lighten the mood. Or maybe because I'm too tired I just didn't see the funny side of it.

Should I commend their cleverness? They had obviously done their research on this pizza topic and figured out name, location, home delivery radius! Either excellent planning or amazing improvisation.

La Vie Vivante.

No comments:

Post a Comment