Sunday 19 January 2014

It's Monday

Hey Blogging World

Well it's time  to begin my newly made schedule with My Life Monday. May I just begin by saying how excited I am? Although it is going to be slightly stressful making sure I post something excellent each day, I am still looking forward to having some sense of order.

The thing I like about the whole Monday topic is that it can be anything about what I've done, so I basically have endless options on what to write.

My friends came over last night for a HSM Marathon. For those of you who don't know, that means High School Musical. We hadn't seen the movies in ages and thought it would be best to sleep out on the deck, sing and dance to all the songs that we loved when we were younger. It was fabulous, number one didn't work so after a brief recap of what happened we moved onto number two, then three. It was amazing actually realizing how much we remember, all the one liners, the lyrics, even the dance moves! They were all still there in our long term memories, even though we hadn't watched the films in about three years.

It's crazy how much people can remember. I retell conversations to people and remember it word for word, which seems strange to the person listening who is most likely thinking I'm an obsessed creep reading over the same conversations millions of times. I probably am. I went and helped at a nursing home once with a music therapist. We walked in, the people greeted us and she brought out her guitar and began singing, and there was this one lady who sang every word with her. The music would stop and her memory would be faded, "Yes... the um... the title to that... the one about the..." and so on. But as soon as the music started, the lyrics flowed through her mind and poured out of her mouth.

After the movies finished and our enthusiasm for Troy died down, a good ol' game of Truth or Dare broke out. The usual questions, who's your crush at the moment, what do you like about them, what's your dream date... All the soppy questions that girls ask. However this is a truth zone, so I've decided to tell you about my perfect meeting with a guy, only because I think it's the most wonderful way to meet the love of your life ever.

I'm in JB-Hi Fi. I walk to my favourite aisle (the alternative/punk aisle) in search of new music. As I turn into the aisle there's this guy browsing through albums, looks around my age. So I'm looking through albums, as is he, and I notice him pick up an album that I already own, so I tell him, "That's a really good album." He says thanks and shows me some great new bands and we each buy each others recommended albums. I go home that night and listen to the album, love it and text him (because somehow through this we exchanged numbers) saying how wonderful the album is. He texts back and says the one I recommended is even better and we make plans to meet up and listen to amazing music all day. Bam. If only my dream would actually happen one day. If only.

The most important thing to remember about Mondays is that I won't always stick to myself, the point is that I've experienced it in my life, or it was thought of by me. So from High School Musical to nursing homes, to truth or dare and dream meetings at a music store, this has been My Life Monday.


La Vie Vivante.

No comments:

Post a Comment