Friday 17 January 2014

New Years Resolutions

Hey Blogging World

I hope you all had an excellent Christmas and a fantastic New Years. I had a wonderful time, spending Christmas with family and New Years with my friends, at a playground. The fireworks went off at 9:30pm this year to avoid the chaos that occurred the previous year. We all walked down to the foreshore at 9:15pm and were there waiting till about 10pm for the fireworks. In the mean time we put on a stunner of a show with the macarena, the hokey pokey and singing many favourites along with our interpretative dance moves. In my opinion, it was the last night of 2013, we had to make the most of it. So the fireworks went off and all the oohs and ahhhs were accompanied with every bang. But after it was over there was still two hours left of 2013, which meant sitting at the playground until 2014 came.

While we were there we came up with a sort of New Years Resolutions list, a Do's and Don't's of 2014.


DO

  • Get a job: This one wasn't really for me, as I already have one of the most amazing jobs on Earth with the most amazing staff and just about everything about it is perfect. But we all think Abby needs a job besides Netball Umpiring, not that it isn't a real job (considering you get paid a decent amount of money) but a real job would be nice. 
  • Breathe: I'll remind you that it was about 11pm and we were all growing bored of the playground and becoming tired, so this list may not be at it's best. 
  • Have fun: Such an obvious one but still such an important one. Every year should be the most fun you should make it. I mean I was already making the most of my 2014 after I went back to my cabin. I opened the fridge and got a can of creamy soda, a handful of chocolates and a good movie and I was set for a brilliant first morning of 2014. This will not stop throughout the year. 
  • Well in exams: Wow we can be such 'nerds at times', however doing well in exams is important to us and for me I'm starting to arrive at some pretty important times in my schooling. So if you start reading posts about psychological studies and legal studies then I apologize in advance. 
  • Make a new friend: I absolutely love this one. Abby's younger sister had thought of it and it's beautiful. I'm determined to find someone this year and befriend them, and I mean really befriend them. But don't go out and start stalking people obsessing over befriending them... please don't. 
  • Eat food: Another pretty self explanatory one as it's necessary for survival. Enjoy your food though, don't sit at every meal and count your calories, eat what you love. 
  • Find a new band: Any new music group or singer, up and coming talent that is raw talent. We are all going to find one and share it, this was another one of my favourites. 
  • Judge people: You're probably re-reading that and wondering if it has been placed in the wrong section, it's supposed to be in the Do. Everyone is a hypocrite in saying they don't judge people when it's human nature to do so. What you do with that judgement is what can turn it into a rude remark or a mere thought. Not all judgments are bad either. The bottom line is the person whom you are looking right at is probably judging you as much as you are judging them, so don't hold back. 


DON'T


  • Get a boyfriend: Abby and I were the only ones behind this point I think. The thing is, Abby is content with being the crazy cat lady and sees no need in having a boyfriend. I had a little trouble and no I'm not a quitter but the advice I heard the most from 2013 is don't get a boyfriend. So I guess it has to be put up there. 
  • Get pregnant: However cool it may seem to be on one of those 'Teen Mom' shows I just don't think I am that tempted to grow a human being inside of me just yet. Besides, that would counteract point one... and if it doesn't in your case then don't do that either. 
  • Get fat: Yes we said eat food but we also are trying to not end up the size of whales (no offence intended to whales) next year for the beach. The whole thing of having to suck in whilst running to the water and once waist deep letting it all out, thought it is quite fun, is also quite tiring. 

There are not as many don't's as there are do's which is good I guess, your options are endless as long as it doesn't involve a relationship/pregnancy/overweight issues. So I think I will be alright this year. This will be the rules of 2014, the one thing I will bring myself back to and remind myself of when I'm stuck in a rip. I should also add to my do: blog more. And I'm definitely going to try, I may even do another 30 day blogging Challenge but in my own style, make up my own? Remember, if there's anything you would like me to write about, feel free to leave a comment below and I'll do my best to write it with justice. 

I leave you with the song I was listening to as I finished this post. Arctic Monkeys-Fireside. 




La Vie Vivante.

No comments:

Post a Comment