Tuesday 21 January 2014

Words to Find


Figure it out. 

Hey Blogging World

So today is Tuesday and if you have been keeping up, it's Take Your Pic Tuesday. I am going to make up a page with the schedule on it to make life a little easier for everyone. It was quite hard to choose the right photo today so there may be a few. But I like this one and for me it has a small story behind it.

I was walking back home one day (I never said this story would be interesting) and in Australia the heat had been extraordinary so I was a little hot, but then a cool change hit. A calm breeze russled the leaves on thirsty trees, the sun glowed and the weather was perfect. And I take a photo of the path.

It just seemed so beautiful in the strangest of ways. The dead grass that surrounded it and the cracks in the pavement. The cracks meant something, it showed age, it showed use and power. Power in the way that it could break. The path looked so long from this angle, like it could go on forever to who knows where. I came home and immediately thought, 'oh, Instagram!' I edited the photo, put the effects on, focused it in the right places and came to a halt when I had to write a caption. Obviously I couldn't just write 'The Path'. Well actually now I think about it, that would have been pretty cool. I had to write something that explained the metaphor of the cracks and the length of the path, but I didn't want to bore them with a paragraph like the one I just wrote for you. Sorry. So I ended up posting a photo of the sky, that pretty sky. The caption read 'A change is coming'. It wasn't my best work but I put something up. Every time I look at this photo now I cannot come up with a good sentence. It's like Writers Block but on Instagram, like Instagrammer's block.

I googled 'cracks on path' quotes and they all ended up being about crack. Therefore they didn't seem like very good quotes for my particular photo. Maybe the fact of the matter is that there is no caption needed for this picture. Or perhaps just a caption like 'Figure it out.' Everyone will have their own way of looking at it. The cracks in the path will mean something different for each person and the distance will be symbolic for everyone in their own way. I don't need a caption to describe what I believe the photo is saying when I can allow others to figure out what it means to them. One should never limit another's imagination by telling them something bluntly. Life is a puzzle and it's the individuals job to put all the pieces together.

La Vie Vivante.

P.S I have recently started up an Instagram page for the blog. It hasn't got much at the moment (one post) but why not go check it out, give the photo a like and follow? I would love to get to know some of you that read my blog and also to give you a better look into my life, the places I go and the things I see. So come visit me at @lavievivante13 I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment