Monday 20 May 2013

Desperation Pride Opinions

Hey Blogging World

Have you ever been so desperate for something you have been willing to do whatever it takes to get it?
I haven't so I wouldn't really know how you feel.

But I have been desperate before. Everyone is desperate at some time in their life I guess. I remember being so desperate for a chocolate bar when I was younger that I had a mega tantrum in the middle of the aisle in the supermarket. I was with my grandma so she just walked away and left me until I was done. I don't think I ever got that chocolate in the end. That's not to say the chocolate desperation hasn't stopped over the years, however these days I'm more diligent in the way I act.

Does desperation ruin pride?

Pride: a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.

To be desperate doesn't really help give you a high opinion of yourself, but if you're desperate then perhaps pride could just get thrown out the window? I'm not sure but there is a difference between being proud and well, stuck up. Stuck up is defined as: snobbishly conceited. Rather different to the definition of pride and for a good reason. A lot of people don't even know the difference nowadays, somebody says, "Oh yeah I'm a great singer." No. Not stuck up. Just proud. "I'm an amazing singer, I really am so much better than anyone else, better than like all the famous people even." A bit too proud, don't you think?

But enough about my opinionated thoughts, which by all means you don't have to agree with. The whole point of a blog for me is to rant and rave about practically everything (well everything that isn't too personal for me to tell you!) and give my opinion on it. Not that my opinions are always interesting or thought correct in your own mind, but you can't please anyone.

I had crumbed lamb cutlets with mash potato and veggies for dinner tonight. It was wonderfully topped off with ice cream and chocolate topping for dessert. The reason I'm telling you this is I have a desperation for food right now. Therefore I shall go and find some food, hopefully delicious.

La Vie Vivante

No comments:

Post a Comment