Wednesday 1 May 2013

Two Girls

Teardrops rolling down my face,
Rain hitting the ground outside,
I can still put a smile on my face.
I have a roof above my head,
I have a bedroom with a bed,
I have clean water that if I take five steps I'll be there.
I have all this, so why should there be any reason to want more?

Thousands of kilometers away there is a girl like me,
She's fifteen, she's a girl and she is crying.
There are just a few differences.
This girl has a straw roof above her head, that could collapse any minute.
She has a room, with dirt as the floor,
There's nothing in the room except for a blanket.
She can get water... three kilometers away,
And it's not necessarily clean.
She has nothing,
But everyday she puts a smile on her face and says,
"I'll be okay."

By Annalise B

La Vie Vivante.

No comments:

Post a Comment