Friday 3 May 2013

Tribute to the Birthday Girl

Like it? I love DIY presents!

Hey Blogging World

It's a Saturday. Filled with all sorts of fun things like homework, cleaning up, being bored. *rolls eyes*
But this weekend I actually have something to look forward to, for I am going to what's going to be an amazing party. *party dance*

You all remember my friend Abby? Well she is celebrating her wonderful 15th birthday. Oh my little sister's growing up... But I am so looking forward to going to her party, partly just because I will see her again, but also who doesn't love a party?!

Her theme is black and white, which for me creates some very difficult outfit choices, but aside from that it's pretty cool. And it got me thinking about birthday themes, I have had some good ones in the past if I may say so myself.

I remember my cousin having a birthday party and the theme was 'I can't believe you wore that.' I wore a clown suit to La Porchetta where we all got quite a few stares, then the movies. ( Thank goodness it's dark in cinemas.) But there were tutus and fairy wings, wacky things galore.

My year 7 party was a disco theme and there were some good ones there, a lot of teased hair! My year eight party was a 'French Dinner Party.' Everyone had to dress up in their fancy french dining clothes while we were treated to a glorious three course meal filled with party pies and croissants. TrĂ©s fantastique.

When I was younger, maybe about 5 or 6, I had a 'Wizard of Oz' themed party. Everyone had to come dressed up as their favourite character. I remember Dorothy and Galinda, the tin man and the scare crow. But I most remember the moment where my dad came out as the lion and roared. Long story short I ran away crying and screaming there was a lion coming after me. How I was supposed to know the lion wasn't real. The one in the Wizard of Oz could also stand on two legs and talk, but he was a cowardly lion, so I don't think my dad played the part very well.

But I am so so so excited about her birthday party tonight! So to my friend: Hope you have a great night Abz, you will always be the big walrus.

 La Vie Vivante.

No comments:

Post a Comment