Wednesday 15 May 2013

Strange Inspirations

Hey Blogging World
                 
                 Sorry I haven't been keeping up to speed with my blogging lately. It has been a combination of life just being busy and lack of inspiration. It's hard after a while because you can't just sit and expect inspiration to come to you. You have to go out there and experience, look at all the finer details rather than just that big picture. 

I watched this bug the other day. You know the ones that you think are walking bugs but then their wings magically appear? Or maybe you always knew there were wings and I just love being oblivious. Anyway, this bug brought out its wings and attempted to start flying off, but one of its wings were broken. So it just prodded along with this awful broken wing and I thought, inspiration! Who wouldn't love hearing about a bug with a broken wing and the big metaphor it represents! But then I realized, a bug has no bigger metaphor. Surely somebody will walk past soon enough and squash it. This would have no interest to anyone. ( Except probably bug lovers) So therefore I have just wasted your time with no worthwhile conclusion other than some bugs may have wings.

The other day I saw a giant billboard in town, 'SLURPEES ZILCHED. 0% SUGAR'
What an outrage! No sugar basically equals no fun. So there I was, steaming over this sign thinking I could write an exacerbated opinion piece and post it. But then it hit me, who cares? 

Inspiration has been so hard to find. But it is most commonly found in people. The people I have been working with have inspired me to never forget, always be learning and to remember every person has a story and I am just going to have to look a little deeper to find it.

I have been talking to some people that have inspired me too. People who have opened up to me. My friend Abby who has been constantly telling me to get a new post up will be very glad so I thought I better mention her. Then I have this one friend. He inspired me to not give up on love. He has loved this one girl for two years and she doesn't love him back, at least not the way he wants her to. I still find it hard to comprehend why she doesn't just love him if he is so willingly loving her. But he says it's okay. I think about all the people who have been hurt before. They're the brave ones. They're not afraid to put themselves out there and get back up when they fall. ( I know so cliche.) But he inspires me. 

La Vie Vivante


No comments:

Post a Comment