Monday 6 May 2013

Strangers, the word Hello and Questions.

Hey Blogging world

Strangers are friends just waiting to happen.

It's weird how strangers read your blog, they pass you in the street, you listen to them talk. But fear gets in the way of saying hello. That magic word that begins a friendship. It really is all about not being afraid, because if you are you won't meet new people, make new friends.

The thing is everyone is so hung up on technology these days it seems you could have a conversation with anyone over the internet and it could mean anything... or nothing. Now I'm not saying I'm anti-technology or anything, I'm on a laptop writing this at the moment, and I do talk to people over the internet.. a lot.

But what's so wrong with having a conversation with someone in person? I mean yeah you have to use more emotion in your face rather than just clicking on an emoticon, oh and be scared if you actually have to laugh out loud rather than typing 'lol'. But talking to people, getting to actually hear their voice and their laugh, to see their smile or their tears. It's something that just starts with a simple hi.

In fact, it doesn't even have to be hi!
Hello, wesh (french for yo), bonjour, ciao, aloha. hey, sup. They all mean the same thing.
I have never been a big fan of shaking hands with someone when I first meet them, especially if they're the same age as me. It's just weird. I understand it's another way of greeting someone, but isn't that what hello is for? Something about it just makes me think that people are too lazy to open their mouth, so they compensate it for a hand gesture. But whatever floats your boat, tickles your fancy, cooks the apple pie. I find the best way having a conversation with a stranger is to ask them a bundle full of questions.

Questions are fun to ask (even if you're told your questions suck), but maybe they aren't so fun to answer. I have this friend who every time they ask me a question, it just makes me squirm and grin at the same time, I'm so scared to answer but I just have that feeling that makes me want to! But what really gets me is why. When someone says to me, 'why?' I never know how to answer. It's easy enough to say something, but providing a reason for it is tough. So many times I just want to say, I don't know. But it's the easy way out, and at any time in our life, someone could ask why? Why do you like that? Why do you think this? Why did you say that? So many questions. So many unanswered...

Wow a lot of topics covered. I guess I was in the mood for a bit of writing, telling people what I have been thinking, and trust me a lot of thinking has been going on in the past few days, with everything happening. Some things too slow and others so fast I think if I stopped for a second I might get lost and realize there is actually reality out there. Reality filled with strangers, the word hello and many, many questions.



La Vie Vivante

No comments:

Post a Comment