Saturday 29 June 2013

Oink

Hey Blogging World

So I thought it was time for you to hear about my most favourite of animals.



How Cute!

That's right, my favourite animal is the pig. Most people stick their noses up this and think, but why not a pony or a cat? No. I love pigs.

It all started on grade four camp to Camp Kangaroobie. It was a farm camp and a pretty fun one at that. One of the activities was a farm tour, got to hop on the back of the ute and travel around the farm to see all the animals. We got to the pig pen and the man, I forget his name so we will just call him Albert for now. Albert asked us all, "Who would like a ride on the pig?" Of course everyone put their hands up. Albert continued on, "Well to ride the pig, you have to give it a kiss. On the bottom. Now who would like a ride on the pig?" No one put their hands up. 
"Oh come on. I'll have to choose someone if no one volunteers."
So me being the lovely person I am and not wanting anyone else to get chosen out of their will, I reluctantly put my hand up. "Oh yay!" Said Albert as he let me enter the pig pen. I walked over to the pig, the one that hadn't been rolling around in mud, and gave it a peck on its gluteus maximus. 

Then voila! I got to mount the pig and got a ride! It was pretty cool except no one would go near me for the rest of the day, in fear that I kissed them and gave them pig germs? I don't know. People always ask me, "What did it taste like?" I stare at them in disbelief. I didn't take a bite out of the thing, I didn't french kiss it! I just gave it a peck. Yet I still reply, "Chicken."

From then on I have loved pigs. So much that I don't eat any pig. Bacon, pork and ham. None of it. It has been about six years since I have eaten pig. That's not to say I don't love it. I used to eat hawaiian pizza at every chance but my love for pigs have overtaken that urge.

So there you have it. I have always wanted to get a teacup pig as a pet but either my dogs or my dad would eat it. Weird favourite animal to have, I know, but I can't help that they are so damn cute.


Pig in Boots. Simply too cute. 


La Vie Vivante.

No comments:

Post a Comment