Friday 14 June 2013

Seven Reasons to Enter a Library


Hey Blogging World

So as you can probably guess I am in a library writing this. (Or I was when I started writing it.) But I was  thinking how cool some libraries actually are. So, I came up with seven ideas to why one should venture through the library doors.

1. Warmth. Right now it is bucketing down rain outside. It's a freezing day and there's a sharp, icy wind. And as I watch the rain fall and drip down the windows, where am I? In the comfort of the heated library. The library is always a good choice in the Summer as well, with air conditioners and fans galore. Basically, libraries are going to suit your climatic needs.

2. Free wifi. Who doesn't love it? Need to check your emails, message a friend on facebook, but don't have the wifi to do so? Look no further than a library. All you need is a library card, use the pin number and you're in for thirty minutes of free internet usage. If you need more time simply put in the number again, or if that doesn't work, move to a different computer!

3. A good hiding spot. I shouldn't really be encouraging this one, but if you are ever in trouble with your parents or just don't want anyone to find you, then go to a library. Look down the aisles at the books, take a few off the shelf to read the blurbs of and you'll blend right in.

4.Curiousity. It still baffles me when people say they have never stepped foot in a library outside the school one. Wouldn't they be so curious to know what lies beyond the doors and the return chute. (Which by the way can be a very fun contraption depending on what library you go to) So if you are curious, which hopefully you will be tempted by now, then just walk in. If you don't like it, there's always the exit door.

5. Silence. There is nothing better than just wanting some peace and quiet and being able to walk into a library and feel just that. Whether you just want to sit around, listen to music, study (You know, for good grades and all) or actually read a book without any interruptions then this is the best place. Note: Do not go to a library with your friends expecting to have peace and quiet, trust me, you'll just be holding in the fits of laughter.

6. Music. Now I know I mentioned music above in number 5 but I also thought I would mention the countless selection of c.d's they offer at certain libraries. You can just borrow them out, listen to them and return them. It's a great way to see if an album is worth buying, or just particular tracks, or maybe finding out you don't even like the artist.

7. Books. 'Well duh,' I hear you saying. I know it's obvious that there will be books at a library but you must understand how amazing it is. I am probably going to sound like a massive nerd when I say this but books are seriously just awesome. There's no point in being one of those people that just say, "Oh na I'll wait till the movie comes out." Besides the fact that the books are always better, there's something about the feeling of the pages turning as your imagination opens up in this book.

So there you have it. My top seven reasons why you should enter a library. I'm not sure if anyone would actually listen to these or agree with them, but oh well. I guess it's just my opinion. Did you know, I once had a teacher who marked me down because she believed my opinion was wrong? Yes we had a very interesting discussion about it in class. But no more about my opinions, just go to a library and you won't regret it, like bungee jumping or skydiving.

La Vie Vivante.

No comments:

Post a Comment