Monday 3 June 2013

Let's have a Picnic.

I have officially lost my mind.
As in it has just got up from my mind and walked away. I would really love to find it, but it would be kind of weird to put out a flyer.

Perhaps it wouldn't be so weird after all.

I partly blame the lack of sleep I have been having these past few nights. There have certainly been some late nights/early mornings going on. But there's nothing like living in the moment and in the moment, well it felt like living. I can tell you now, it sure as hell didn't the following night. So therefore I think my mind has decided to take a little walk while I catch up on sleep.

I wanted to have a picnic today. I was standing in the hall and all of a sudden I sat down. My friend walked up to me and said, "Annalise, what are you doing?"
I replied, "I'm having a picnic."
"At hanging rock?"
"No. Here on the ground. Would you like to have a picnic with me?"
"Of course."
I called my friend over who was selling chocolates. "We need your chocolates." I told her.
"Why?" She asked.
"Because we're having a picnic."
"Why?" (She always asks a lot of questions)
"Because this ground looks like a nice place to have a picnic."
Eventually they managed to get me off the ground and into class, but I really did feel like a picnic.

I remember being little and getting to go to 'teddy bears picnics' and everyone would bring along their favourite bear and they got to drink and eat food too. I now think what a waste of food that would have been having to throw it all out after a bunch of children just smushed it onto some teddy bears face, claiming it had was full. Oh how I would love to tell them all now that no teddy is not full, his fur can simply just not hold any more cake. But I guess that would ruin all their hopes and dreams to be a teddy bear feeder, or better yet a princess! I never really got the whole thing of little girls saying, "I want to be a princess!" I mean a princess would be pretty cool, but too much effort. I couldn't stand having to look good for people everyday! However that is the mind of a child that once everyone grows up they wish they had back. Once your head is filled with other problems and things, princesses and teddy bears merely becomes a distant memory. It's almost as if your innocence is taken.

La Vie Vivante

No comments:

Post a Comment