Wednesday 26 June 2013

Snood

Hey Blogging World

Hip Hip Hip Hip Happity Wednesday!

Sorry my friend and I were doing that on the bus tonight but instead of Wednesday we were saying birthday, funnily enough it was no one's birthday! But we all know there are people out there celebrating their day of birth. So to all you people:

HIP HIP HIP HIP HAPPITY BIRTHDAY!

Woo okay so now that's done, I have not forgotten about Wordy Wednesdays so even though I am incredibly tired and have homework due tomorrow for school, I choose you people over it so feel loved. And I know you're thinking, oh she's just procrastinating, and you are exactly right. But procrastination talk for another day.

Todays word is snood.


The thing is, I always thought snoods were the scarves that had no end. You know, the ones that look like this:

May I just say I own two snoods, I love them!

So I was a tad confused when it told me it was for the hair? However as I was google imaging it, I found a box at the top that said 16th Century, only to find out that they were these hairnet things. They look a little something like this:

Thought I would use a modern day photo.

So there you have it. Snoods were not always non-ending circular scarves, but originally hair net thingys like you see on all the American shows where the cafeteria lady has to wear the hair net when she's serving the food. It reminds me of that.

La Vie Vivante.

No comments:

Post a Comment