Thursday 5 September 2013

Movie Time

Hey Blogging World

Day 24: Your favourite movie and what it's about.

I have many favourite movies so this is a bit of a hard one for me, some of them I have already spoken about briefly, or a lot, (Billy Maddison) so I wanted to find one that I have not mentioned at all in earlier posts. Therefore I decided to look at my DVD collection which is rather small and find one that I really like and drum roll please...


500 Days of Summer. Now I am constantly broke so if I buy a movie it means I really like it, which is the case for this movie. Either that or it may have been on sale for $10 so it wasn't too expensive. Either way this is a fabulous movie that I have watched on many occasions.

It is about a boy and a girl, who's name is Summer. The movie basically tells the story of their lives, how they intertwine and break apart. I'm not sure what else to really say about it as if I say anymore it will just spoil the whole movie for you.

One of the reasons I really love it, and this is going to sound dumb, but in the opening credits they play Regina Spektor's Us which is a fabulous song and I love Regina Spektor so it just makes the movie a whole lot better, even though it's still wonderful.

I also love the fact that we are told this is not a love story. It is a story about love. Now I am so sick of all the romantic movies these days when boy meets girl, obstacle in the way stopping them from being together, jump over the obstacle, boy and girl together. It is so predictable and so boring! This movie doesn't end the way you would expect it to, but I still believe it has a nice ending and it leaves the audience walking away happy, which is what a movie should always do in the end.

La Vie Vivante.

No comments:

Post a Comment