Friday 16 August 2013

Day Five Downer

Hey Blogging World

I am not particularly very happy with today's topic...

Day 5: A time you thought about ending your own life

As you all know I am definitely not a negative person and I hate depression. I really do wish that it had never been made an illness that innocent people have to suffer . But suicide is also something that I believe is a very tough topic. It can hit close to home for many people, because the sad reality is that a lot of people have tried to end their own lives. Therefore I'm not really sure how to go about this topic as I will honestly tell you now I have never thought about ending my own life.

No matter how hard life gets, and it can be really tough at times, you should never want to take your own life away from you. There is a saying that I quite like, but my views on it has changed.

Death is easy. Life is hard.

When I first saw this post I would tell it to all my friends and they would say, "What's so good about that?" And I realized what they meant, was I basically telling them to give up? But then my viewpoint changed on it. Yes death is easy, it's easy to just take your own life and end all the troubles. There's no doubt that life is hard and it's not just a walk in the park, you make mistakes, you get hurt but you pick yourself up again and you keep going. Life was never meant to be easy and to me death is just the easy way out of it all. It's a little selfish in ways because you are just leaving behind your troubles and more for other people to deal with. If everyone killed themselves at the first sight of trouble, there would be no one left.

I know this is a really touchy subject and I can't begin to sympathise with people who have been suicidal because I have never experienced that before. If in anyway I have offended you I'm sorry but the whole point of this blog for me was to share my opinions and that also comes along with the blogging challenge. Please feel free to share your opinions with me by commenting and I will be sure to reply back and check out your blog.

Should always end the post on a happy note!
La Vie Vivante

No comments:

Post a Comment