Sunday 25 August 2013

Day Thirteen - Another Catch Up Post

Hey Blogging World

If I was writing this to you when I should have been, (Yesterday) I would have been busy babysitting again in the night, getting over a traumatising haircut or at the movies with a friend. In other words, I couldn't write this to you yesterday.

Day 13: Somewhere you'd like to move or visit.



I know it may seem cliché but I have always loved France and I have actually already been there once with school, which kind of confirmed my love for it. Ever since I started learning french in prep, I fell in love with the language and therefore the country. I still learn it today and plan to take it all the way to year 12 and hopefully continue it in university as I would love to become fluent in it.

So after I become fluent in french I will be able to live there for a year (at least) and make my way around. If you look closely on the map you will see a town called Lyon. We went there on the school trip and I loved it the most. Indeed Paris is beautiful but I don't think I could live with all the hustle and bustle in the "city of love". Lyon on the other hand, has just the right amount of people for my liking and is still a beautiful place in itself. It has a way of combining the old with the new, by actually having the names 'Old Lyon' and 'New Lyon.                      
The little streets are just beautiful, of course you must be careful as you could easily get lost. But the beauty of the place is wonderful. I would love to just rent an apartment in Lyon, work at one of the many cafés and explore the town as much as possible. I would also use Lyon as a base though and explore all the other parts of France and the rest of Europe. Being fluent in french would give me a healthy advantage in finding a place to stay, work etc. But if I ever run into trouble I know I have my lovely homestay family that I could always count on to give me a helping hand.

That's where I would love to visit for me. I would also love to visit all the impoverished countries and spend time with them. I also know that sounds cliché but I have also done it before when going to Sri Lanka. I visited a girls orphanage with my grandparents and spent the whole afternoon there with the children. It was probably the highlight of my trip and something I will never forget. So to do something like that again would be amazing as well. However, all this means I need one important thing. Money.

La Vie Vivante.
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment