Saturday 31 August 2013

Happy Fathers Day

Hey Blogging World

May I begin by saying Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there. I have spoilt mine and I hope everyone else is doing the same. We all love our dads and they deserve this special day to sit back, relax and watch the footy. But isn't that what they do every Sunday?

Day 21: One of your favourite shows. 

This is tricky as I am a bit of a t.v junky. At the moment I am watching Four Weddings Australia and just previously Wife Swap USA was on the wonderful television. I always say that if I were a vegetable I would be a potato because I love my couch. I love the shows Revenge, Twisted, Winners and Losers etc. but one of my all time favourites would have to be...


Gilmore Girls. The show follows the lives of Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter Lorelai, also known as Rory. Lorelai became pregnant at a young age so it shows the life of two women that seem like best friends most of the time, but of course every few episodes there is a little argument. It's okay though because usually the episode after they make up. The girls have their fair share of romance throughout the series, Lorelai dating the diner guy Luke and Rory's father Christopher on and off keeps the audience choosing their side like Team Edward and Jacob. Then there is Rory's love life, first love as a teenager makes us all aww for her. It's almost as if we get to see Rory grow up just like Lorelai does. Lorelai gets by with the wonderful help of her best friend Suki, otherwise known as Melissa McCarthy.


Indeed, the once adorable Suki on Gilmore Girls has turned into a crazy bridesmaid, a thief stealing identities into a crazy cop who is outrageously hilarious. I really think she is one of the best comedic actors at this time on screen. However all I can think of when I look at this actress cracking jokes, is this chef who was Lorelai's best friend, wife to Jackson and mother of two children in Gilmore Girls.

However in terms of movies, I would recommend seeing Identity Thief. I have heard that Bridesmaids is a hilarious movie even though I have not seen it. The Heat, however, is probably one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy in the same movie, working together as crime fighting cops. I just loved it.




But back to the show. I think what I love most about Gilmore Girls is the fact that it just seems so real, and even though none of it is like me, I still feel as though I can relate to it all in my own way. You're left hooked after every episode and I would always run home after I got off the bus to arrive home and turn on the tv to find the most recent Gilmore Girls episode had been recorded. I was like a child at Christmas! I would recommend it to any teenage girl as you will laugh, cry and love watching the lives of these two amazing women.
The Cast.

La Vie Vivante.


No comments:

Post a Comment