Thursday 15 August 2013

Day Four in the Wonderful World of Me

Hey Blogging World

Before I begin my day four post I would just like to thank the wonderful people who commented on my post and followed. A shout out to them as it means a lot to me to hear all these wonderful comments from you wonderful readers! But back to the post.

Day 4: Your views on religion

This actually is a difficult topic for me as I want to begin by saying that I do not wish to offend anyone when talking about certain religions and if I do, well... sorry.

I am a Catholic girl. I believe in God and Jesus and the teachings of the Lord and all that. I am not as religious as I could be, meaning we don't go to church as often as we should. But really, most teenagers are still sleeping in on a Sunday morning on the days I go to church, so I'm doing better than them. The bible is a tricky thing for me as we have been studying it in Religion (yes I go to a catholic school) and even our teacher, who is very religious, has been saying she doesn't believe in the whole Bible. And it's true, there are particular parts of the Bible that are myths and legends. They are a way of telling a story, to get a message across to people. There is also the whole issue of being gay and how it contradicts to the bible, which is completely true. I personally don't have a problem with gay people, if they want to be together then it's their business and up to them to choose, but I will try not to get too sidetracked.

In saying this, we also do a lot of research on other religions and cultures which I do enjoy thoroughly. I remember last year studying Sikhism which was incredibly interesting. My favourite things about different religions would have to be learning about their different festivals and celebrations. There are religions that have coloured powder celebrations and I apologize that I don't know exactly what it's called but it sure looks like a lot of fun. They also have festival of lights and there's always music to do with celebrations. So just like Catholics celebrate Easter and Christmas, they have their own! Although I do like our tradition of chocolate on Easter, even if that may not be a religious tradition.

Just a few of the different symbolic religions. 

La Vie Vivante

No comments:

Post a Comment